About Shelby Heating & Air Conditioning
Serving Families & Businesses for Over 45 Years
With more than 45 years in the heating and cooling business, Shelby Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is dedicated to providing the best possible service for you and your family. You can count on us to provide you with expert repairs & installations—we’ve earned a reputation for doing the job right the first time.
- Locally Owned For Over 45 Years
- Factory-Trained, Licensed & Insured Technicians
- 24/7/365 Emergency Service
What we provide
We are service professionals! As licensed contractors and specialists in the field of heating and air-conditioning, we have the tools, equipment, and experience to keep your equipment running smoothly all year long. If it is an emergency service that you need, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, we are available to assist you! To help reduce service emergencies, we offer service agreements to keep your comfort system running at peak performance.
NEED EMERGENCY SERVICE?
SERVING YOU LIKE FAMILY
WHY CHOOSE SHELBY?
YOUR SYSTEM NEEDS
NEED NEW FILTERS?
SHOP OUR ONLINE FILTER STORE!
WHAT YOUR NEIGHBORS SAY ABOUT US
A/C went out the hottest part of the year. Called Shelby Heating and Air and they had someone out the same day, and I had a cool… read more
September 12, 2023
We had a new unit installed and the old unit was removed. Scott was wonderful to work with and answered all our questions thoroughly. Eric and Poodle were our technicians… read more
August 12, 2023
Very professional staff cleaned and checked all equipment, very satisfied with the results and the company. Vickie Barkley was so helpful and answered all questions and made this an easy… read more
July 13, 2023
Our AC unit went out on Monday afternoon. I called SHA about 5 minutes before 5:00 and they worked us into a technician’s schedule for the next day. He… read more
July 12, 2023
Just moved to Shelby from NY and of course moving to a new state requires finding all new businesses so thankfully I was introduced to Shelby HVAC on instagram. I… read more
July 11, 2023
Be sure to ask for Chris Jackson for your maintenance service. His technical and customer service skills are top shelf. Thank you Shelby heating and air! P.S. when you… read more
July 11, 2023
Our AC. Had not been working right and we were going into a hot weekend. Matt showed up early and quickly figured out the problem. He had the repair… read more
July 4, 2023
Called yesterday about a cooling issue with my unit. They came out this morning and resolved the issue quickly! Price was cheaper than I expected too. Professional… read more
June 27, 2023
I had Chris as a technician, and I was highly impressed with his professionalism, as well as his knowledge. He explained everything to me very thoroughly. Good help is hard… read more
May 22, 2023
Eli was a very professional and friendly person. He not only did an excellent job but did it with a smile. All I can hope for is that I get… read more
May 12, 2023
Eric, with the installation of our new air system and Chris, with the service side were great! Professional and knowledgeable, plus did a great job!! I highly… read more
May 12, 2023
My heating and air system decided to stop right before I went on a trip. When I returned, I had Elijah Brown from Shelby Heating and Air come out to… read more
April 5, 2023
Amazing service! From the phone call in to the amazing work done. My home is nice and warm because of them. If i could give 20… read more
March 5, 2023
The service from Shelby Heating and Air was outstanding. Completely professional and highly knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and explained everything that was done. I… read more
March 5, 2023
HVAC SPECIAL OFFERS
ASK THE EXPERTS!FAQ
- Most systems have a lifetime of 10 to 20 years. As your equipment gets older, it’s efficiency can decrease dramatically. You may notice that it gets noisier and needs repairs more often. When a unit begins to show it’s age, you have two choices. You can overhaul the system or replace it. Because heating and cooling technologies improve over time, a new system designed with newer, more energy-efficient equipment makes sense, especially if your system is 10 or more years old. We can estimate the cost of a new system as well as a payback schedule that will show you how newer technology will pay you back in lower energy usage.
- Yes. Keeping your system properly maintained will lower energy and repair costs, prevent breakdowns, and prolong the life of your equipment. Neglecting necessary maintenance ensures a steady decline in air conditioning performance while energy use steadily increases. We offer regular maintenance through our yearly Service Agreement to help protect your system!
Normal cooling settings are 75–80 degrees. Normal heating settings are 68–72 degrees. You should always set your thermostat to the highest possible setting that is comfortable for you in the summer, and the lowest comfortable setting in the winter. Setting your thermostat in this way will maximize your energy savings. On average, every 1 degree of temperature change is equal to about 1% energy savings. For example, changing your thermostat setting from 75–76 degrees in the summer could result in savings on your cooling costs.
- This can occur for many reasons; uneven solar heat load through windows, an undersized system, improperly balanced or clogged system or a single system serving a two-story home with no zoning control. Each situation is different, usually requiring an onsite analysis with problem specific recommendations. Please call to arrange for us to see your home.
No, you don’t want your air conditioner to be too big. Air conditioners control the comfort level in your home by cooling the air and by removing humidity. An oversized air conditioner will cool your home faster, but it will use more energy and will not remove humidity adequately.
A unit that is too big for your home will have short run cycles. It may take only a short time to cool the air, but the unit shuts off before enough air blows across the indoor coil where moisture condenses into water and drains from your system. Too much moisture left in the air can lead to mold and mildew problems.
These short run cycles also mean your system starts and stops more often which uses more energy and causes a lot of wear and tear. An air conditioner operates more efficiently during long run cycles.
The same holds true with heating systems. An oversized furnace will warm the house quicker, but it uses more fuel and causes greater temperature swings in the home.
Ready to Get Started?
OR REQUEST SERVICE TODAY!
Shelby Heating & Air Conditioning utilizes highly trained technician professionals to service, repair and install all types of Commercial and Residential heating & air conditioning equipment and systems, from simple to the most complex, to meet each of our customer’s needs and budget. Great service is our top priority!